$Title = 'Beef Burgundy Stew';
$SubTitle = '';
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/4 lb. stew beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups sliced onions or 2 cups pearl onions, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- Brown meat in hot oil in heavy skillet; remove from pan.
- Brown onions and garlic. Add other ingredients; stir well.
- Add meat; bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cover. Cook,
stirring occasionally, 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
require "footer.php"; ?>
Stew can easily be done in slow cooker. Brown meat;
combine other ingredients. Cook on low heat for about 12 hours.