$Title = 'Chicken Paprikash';
$SubTitle = 'with Spaetzle';
Yield: At least 4 servings
- 2-to-3 lb broiler-fryer chicken, cut up.
- 2 Tb cooking oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tb paprika
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup condensed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- In a 12" Skillet, brown chicken in hot oil on all sides; season with salt & pepper.
- Remove brown chicken pieces from the skillet; set aside.
- Add onion to skillet; cook until tender but not brown.
- Stir in paprika.
- Return chicken to skillet, turning once to coat with onion/paprika mixture.
- Add wine and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 - 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Boil skillet drippings about 2 minutes or until reduced to one cup of liquid.
- Stir drippings into sour cream.
- Return all ingredients to the skillet.
- Heat through, but do not boil.
- Pour sauce over chicken pieces.
- Serve over spaetzle. Sprinkle with additional paprika.
- 3 whole eggs - beaten & frothy.
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tb butter
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Boiling salted water or chicken soup
require "footer.php"; ?>
- With an electric mixer, beat flour a bit at a time into the eggs.
- Add salt and nutmeg to taste.
- Beat in the milk in a little at a time.
- Continue beating until everything is well blended.
- Use a Spaetzle maker to drop into boiling water or chicken soup.
- When the spaetzle float, they're done. Coat with butter.