$Title = 'Ogurtsy V Smetane';
$SubTitle = 'Cucumbers in Sour Cream';
Ogurtsy V Smetane (Cucumbers in Sour Cream) makes a nice summer salad,
particularly when other green vegetables are difficult to obtain.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings, or more as a zakuska
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried dill)
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt
require "footer.php"; ?>
- If the cucumbers have been waxed, peel them; otherwise, wash them
well but leave the peel on.
- Slice the cucumbers very thin and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, adding vinegar to taste.
- Stir in the cucumbers.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before refrigerating.
Serve well chilled.