$Title = 'Goryachiy Sous iz Khrena';
$SubTitle = 'Hot Horseradish Sauce';
Yield: About 2 cups
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup broth from Varyonoye Miaso po-Russki or beef stock
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared white horseradish, drained
- Pinch of sugar, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar, or more to taste
require "footer.php"; ?>
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring for one minute. Do not
let the mixture brown.
- Gradually add the broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add the sour cream, horseradish, sugar and vinegar.
- Taste and adjust the sugar and vinegar, if desired.
- Stir and cook for a few minutes, until heated through.