$Title = "Svekol'nyi Salat";
$SubTitle = 'Beet Salad';
This salad is suitable on the zakuska table or as a complement
to roasted meat.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound beets
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped moist prunes (or more, to taste)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
require "footer.php"; ?>
- Scrub the beets and remove the green tops. Place the beets in
a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours,
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, slip off the skins and
shred the beets coarsely.
- Add the garlic to the beets, along with the walnuts and prunes.
Stir in the mayonnaise and mix well. Season to taste. Chill
well before serving.