$Title = 'Ultimate Cheeseburger Recipe';
$SubTitle = '';
Yield: Six Cheeseburgers
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/3 cup minced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup Sutter Home Zinfandel
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, thyme, and basil (any combination)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy seasoned salt
- Oil for brushing grill rack
- 12 California avocado slices (prepare at the last minute, brushing with balsamic vinegar and sprinkling with spicy seasoned salt before grilling)
- 12 pre-cooked bacon slices
- 6 soft Kaiser rolls (about 4 1/2 inches in diameter), split
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 6 large tomato slices, about 1/4 inch thick
- In a grill with a cover, prepare a medium-hot fire for direct-heat cooking.
- For burgers, place ground beef in a large bowl. Drizzle in
onion, Zinfandel, herbs, pepper sauce, and seasoned salt; mix
gently. Shape beef mixture into 6 round patties.
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Place patties on grill
rack, cover, and cook about 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking
until done to preference.
- During final minutes of grilling patties, arrange avocado
slices on a rimmed nonstick perforated grilling pan coated lightly
with oil, and grill alongside patties for 1 to 2 minutes, turning
as necessary. During final 30 seconds, add bacon slices to
pan. When avocados are nicely grilled and bacon is crisp, remove
from grill. When patties are cooked, remove from grill, stacking
to keep warm. Place rolls, cut side down, on outer edges of grill
to toast lightly.
- To assemble burgers, spread a generous amount of
Blue Cheese Spread
over cut sides of rolls. On each roll bottom, layer lettuce, tomato slice,
beef patty, Carmelized
Chipolte Onions grilled avocado, and bacon. Add roll top
require "footer.php"; ?>
- These burgers are a bit of work, but people will offer you
their kidneys in exchange for seconds.
- Please consult your cardiologist before consuming.