$Title = 'Lukoviy Vzvar';
$SubTitle = 'Onion and Honey Sauce';
Yield: About 2 cups
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large Bermuda onions, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup broth from Varyonoye Miaso po-Russki,
or beef stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
require "footer.php"; ?>
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skilet over medium heat. Add the
onions and saute, stirring occassionally, until colored and soft,
about 20 minutes.
- Add the broth, increase the heat to high, and cook until the
liquid is reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the mustard, honey, and the vinegar, then reduce the
heat to medium-low and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm but not hot.